Friday, August 27, 2010

Background differences


Have you ever wondered if you are getting the best photos you can for your blog posts? I sure have, but I don’t want to spend a fortune on a photo box or all of that fancy equipment. My skills have come a long way from my first online posting. Back then I scanned my cards. I look at those now and see a dramatic improvement from those early days. One thing I have learned about this addition, err....hobby, is that there is always something new to learn.

I have noticed that some folks used different colored backgrounds behind their cards. Sometimes I think “wow” that looks stunning. Other times, I’ve thought . . .”hmm…I’m not lovin’ that look”. Honestly, it depends on the card and the background color used.

So, I decided to experiment a little ….I photographed this card with a white background, then with a black background. I like the look of the black background with this card better than with the white, but would love to hear what YOU think.





Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle

Stamps: Inkadinkado Patterned Bugs, Flourishes Taglines
Paper: PTI White
Ink: VersaColor Black
Other goodies: MS Scoring Board
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Becky said...

I like the look of the black back ground, seems to bring out the details more.

Kristin said...

definitely black! completely different look. (for me it's whether i am too lazy to set everything up or just do it in front of me :( oh well)

paige said...

I think when cards have a lot of the white base showing, they photograph better against a black or dark background.

Anonymous said...

Black...It allows you to see the edges of the actual card base easily and makes the card "pop" out.