Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Hero

I have no special card or creation to share today.

Today, I dedicate my blog to my dad. 9 months ago today I lost my dad. This will be my first holiday season without him and it weighs heavy on my heart.

My dad was a wonderful man. He knew everyone in our small town. He was a local businessman born and raised in our town. He always had a kind word and a helping hand for anyone and everyone. He was truly one of those people who would give you the shirt off his back.

I was a “Daddy’s girl” from day one. He was the one I could always count on. He was always there, no matter what, no matter how old I was or what I needed. He was and always will be my hero.

I could share countless memories with you about my dad, but the tears would wipe out my keyboard. So, instead, I will share these two pictures.

This is he and I at his surprise 80th birthday party.


And this is the last time we ever danced together.



Tell those in your life how important they are to you. End every conversation with “I love you”. Cherish the little things. Hug them every chance you can. Be the first to say you are sorry when you disagree because sometimes . . .

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful day filled with all that your heart desires!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Michelle im sooo sorry hun, I know its sooo hard when we loose the ones we are sooo close too. I lost my dad when I was 11 and that was one of the hardest times in my life. I too was very very close to my dad, and even now as im 39 its still hard for me at times. Anyways I love the pics of you and your dad, and just remember the memories are something that you will always hold on to. I love all the memories I have with my dad, and those are what help keep you going!!! God bless you hun!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Christyne said...

Thinking of you my dear friend and wishing you peace. Know your dad is watching over you. (((HUGS)))

loretta said...

Michelle, so sorry to hear of your loss! Big hugs my friend!

loretta said...

Michelle, so sorry to hear of your loss! Big hugs my friend!

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear your sad news. Remember memories last for ever and love is eternal.

Anonymous said...

It is still raw for I you we see....but having all those lovely memories must be bitter sweet and a boon for you at the same time!...Enjoy your family!

Michelle VP said...

Thanks for sharing your tender memories of your dad. It's my dad's birthday today and I'm going to go call him right now.

Cindy said...

Michelle, It's going to be 17 months soon since I lost my Dad. It doesn't get any easier, just different. You are in my thoughts and prayers!! Those are great pics of you and your Dad!! Hugs to you!!
Thank you for sending my Mom yet another card!! You are an angel!!
Cindy

Gina Lindsay said...

What sweet pictures and a nice tribute to a man that was obviousley very special! Hugs to you.

Unknown said...

What a nice reminder.

And a great way to honor your dad.

Kristin said...

Oh Michelle, here I am catching up, and your beautiful post is my first one! I know that Thursday was hard. I am so sorry. Be proud that he was a man you could honor, that you are teaching your sons to be like your dad, and that they had a wonderful example! They already are 2 young men to be proud of so I know his legacy is being carried on in them!