Friday, July 24, 2009

Ladies Ink challenge


The ladies of Ladies, Ink., a blog group I belong to, issued a challenge that is due by the end of the month to make anything but a card.

When I was at the Easter Seals garage sale, I found these notebooks for 75 cents each. They are made for your purse or whatever and have a metal front which is kind of cool. I wasn’t sure what I would do with them, but I bought 2 anyway.

Like most of us, I see sketches that I want to try, then forget where I saw them and spend hours that I could be stamping hunting for the sketch. So, I decided to print them off and put them in this notebook that I could just flip through.

I decided the metal front needed some decorating and decided that would be a good project for the Ladies, Ink challenge.

I used scraps of paper from a My Minds Eye paper pack, some Tim Holtz distressed ink, ribbon I found in my basket that I have no idea where it came from, a flourish stamp that I found at Pat Catans and some wood beads I found at Big Lots. I added some thickers that I need to figure out how to get to accept ink, but for now, this is my sketchbook. I glued all of my paper down using mod podge, then put a couple of thin layers of mod podge over the paper before adding my letters and beads.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!



Stamps:

CS and DP:

Inks, markers and coloring tools:

Extra goodies:
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like I will be the last one to get mine done :) This is just beautiful.

paige said...

Good for you! A great project and useful too. Now fill it up with fun sketches to share with us - LOL!

Jennie said...

This looks great! Love the MME dp you used. Great job :o)

Kirstin said...

Beautiful job!! I love it and I love the idea of a book for sketches you want to try later!

TannyP said...

Great job, Michelle! This looks fantastic =)

Vicki said...

Super job, Michelle! Looks great and a great purpose, too! Blessings to you!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a terrific idea to make a sketch book to carry in your purse. I'm always sketching things on the back of envelopes or scraps of paper and then not being able to find them later on.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

What a great find and a terrific altering for a sketch book!! I'm sure you'll have a lot of inspiration in there :)
Maria

Diane said...

Cool sketch book, and it will sure come in handy!

Christyne said...

FANTASTIC! Great job and congratulations on creating the challenge!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a great and creative challenge! I will be checking back to see what you come up with!

Anonymous said...

Great idea for compiling them all in one place!

Cathleen said...

Oh wow! This is awesome and I love the idea of having a sweet notebook to jot down sketches!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Great job on the challenge! I keep my ideas in a book also (:

Jacquel said...

This came out great Michelle...tfs!!!

Cassie_lu said...

cute sketch book

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a classy way to save your sketches! Great job and TFS for idea.

loretta said...

Very nice! love the feel and look of your journal

From one proud AF mom to another!

Ginny said...

what a fab idea...love the sunny papers..left something for you on my blog

Kristin said...

you did a great job!! i absolutely LOVE these colors :-)... metal front huh?? that must be cool!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. This is really really pretty.