Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cuppa thanks

I made this for a gentleman who buys me coffee a few mornings a week. Long story short, he’s retired Air Force and about a year ago I started buying home coffee when we were both in Speedway at the same time as a small token of my appreciation for his military service and sacrifices. He had to pay me back by buying my coffee if he got there before me. Every year he goes to down to Wright Patterson Air Force Base and the National Air Force Museum. This year he brought me back a coffee mug with my name the Air Force Museum logo on it.

As a small token of my thanks, I made this card and will get him a gift card, for coffee, of course!

I used my new BasicGrey Sugar paper for my BG, SU’s creamy caramel and Choc. Chip cs. I stamped my to go cup from Gina K's Cuppa Joe on kraft and colored the lid and base of the cup with a white gel pen. I added a double layer of ribbon for an added touch. I wanted to add some flowers, but thought that might just be a little too girly! I pierced the Choc. Chip cs but cannot get it to show up in a picture. I’d blame it on the camera, but I’m pretty sure it is the tired operator!

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!


Happy Stampin'!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Lisa Trombitas - www.stampwithlisat.com said...

Awwww, I don't know what I like better - the card of the backstory! Love the image. Kinda sad that a take-out cup is more representative of today than a steaming cup or mug, but I love it! Great job!

Heidi said...

This is a great story Michelle, he will love it.

Jacquel said...

What a great card and love that Basic Grey dp you used...tfs!!!

Dori Shelton said...

Great story and a great card! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Ginny said...

that'd make a great scrapbook page :0)

great story, fab card, I'm sure he'll love it :0)

Barb said...

Oh Michelle I think your card is wonderful. But I'm really excited to hear your mystery man is back for coffee and to see you!!

fitsandstarts said...

Nice card! GREAT story... I love it. Thank you for the comment on my blog. : )
Amy

Michelle said...

What a sweet story! Funny thing....I work on Wright Patterson AFB! Wouldn't it be funny if I knew that gentleman! LOL! Great card too!! Love anything "coffee"!