Friday, August 20, 2010

The best laid plans ...



I wanted to make a quick and easy set of note cards for a gift, and ended up with prototypes for multiple gift sets. Sometimes that is just how things work out!

A while ago I switched from SU to PTI for many reasons. I am glad I did as I really like PTI, their service is fantastic, shipping is quick and free with an order over $65.00 and their stamps are wonderful. Another reason I switched was because they had ink and matching cs. However, they are experiencing ink issues and won’t have matching ink available again for a while. So, I went on a search for some other ink that I could use.

Lots of people love the Adirondack inks so I decided to give them a try and bought 3 ink pads, Denim, Pesto and Lettuce. These colors also happened to work with a scrapbook page I was working on.

This card uses Adirondack Lettuce on this with Inkadinkado’s Patterned Bugs. I used by Sakura gel pen to highlight the dots.

The front border of the card on the left is shorter than the rest of the base. My card is a standard A2 card, then I punched the front.

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle

Stamps: Inkadinkado Patterned bugs
Paper: PTI White
Ink: Adirondack Lettuce
Other goodies: border punches
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Becky said...

Any time you can get free and quick shipping I am there :). This is just lovely.

jimlynn said...

Fabulous!!!!!!
Lynn

paige said...

Beautiful CAS cards!

Kristin said...

loving this!! i can't wait till we get ink again at PTI (i'm already a hoarder, can't imagine what i'll be like once we can order it again!)

and, dh's bday card posted today, plus, scroll back through a couple of posts. you MUST see the card i made for jake's first grade teacher :-) ("out with the old in with the new")


hope all is well with the boys!