Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Spring cleaning


With the arrival of spring, I have been on a cleaning spree. I’m not talking just cleaning up, I am talking cleaning out – sorting, throwing out, hauling to the curb, the whole nine yards!

In my recent cleaning adventure, I found my Fiskars Texture Plates (and a few other lost treasures). I debated on keeping them or throwing away. These were one of my first purchases, before my Cuttlebug, and honestly, I hated these things with that silly little tool. It took forever to emboss.

I decided that I would try using these texture plates in my CB before making any final decisions. And viola! They worked!

It took a few tries, a few different sandwiches, but I got it to work and I am pretty pleased with myself. My bug is pretty tight; so I got a fairly good impression with (from bottom) A Plate, B plate, texture plate, shim (cereal box), and B plate.

Thanks for stopping by! Blogger Templates
Blogger TemplatesStamps: PTI Scattered Shower
Paper: SU Summer Sun, Melon Mambo
Ink: ColorBox Peony, SU Close to Cocca
Other goodies: Fiskars flowers texture plate, MS Punch, stickles
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Becky said...

I am always missing something and everything I do a thorough cleaning I always find goodies :) Great card and I just love this umbrella, it is so cute.

jimlynn said...

Very cute card, Michelle. I'll have to remember that about those Fiskars plates. I don't have any but if I run across some I'll grad them.

paige said...

cute card, fun colors! now come on over and shovel out my house!

Cindy said...

Hi Michelle, Long time no visit!!
I love the card!! Great colors, and the texture is cool. I just moved all of my stuff, but haven't been able to rid myself of anything!!