Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Light Bulb Moment!



I must have had a really long brain freeze when it came to all of these gorgeous handmade flowers I am seeing everywhere. .. . you know the ones made with pages from a book and various punches.

I’ve looked at them and enjoyed them for a while, wishing I could make them. But alas, I didn’t have the punches.

Then suddenly one day, light bulb moment.

I realized I could do the exact same thing with my Nesties scalloped circles. DUH!

I cut my flowers, assembled my flower with a button, sprayed with Mimosa Glimmer Mist, and dried with my heat tool.

My layer is PTI Guidelines II on which I stamped my background with PTI Fresh Snow added EP, then sprayed with Glimmer Mist.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful day filled with all that your heart desires!


Stamps: American Crafts Majestic
CS and DP: PTI Dark Chocolate, Guidelines II
Inks, markers and coloring tools: PTI Fresh Snow
Extra goodies: Clear EP, Button, Hemp, Glimmer Mist Mimosa, one old book

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Great card! WHY hadn't I thought to use the Nesties!!! Duh! Thanks for the tip.
Lynn

Michelle Forrest said...

Lynn, I love you! At least I now know I am not the only one who didn't think about the nesties! (Hugs)

TannyP said...

Gorgeous flower, Michelle! Your button center is gorgeous and with all that glimmer mist, I bet it sparkles beautifully!

Jennie said...

Wow Michelle! Love this card and that flower is amazing!!!

paige said...

Love the flower! great card!