Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bundle of Joy


It’s been a long time since I’ve had a little one in my house, (thank goodness) but I remember how much I loved the adorable baby blankets and quilts. They are so little and so precious.

So, when Andrew told me that a friend and his wife were pregnant I knew exactly how I wanted to lay out the card.

I don’t own any real baby stamps – not sure why, but *shrug * I just don’t. I have one little Studio G set and some baby rub ons. So, I used what I had available to create this card. Part of my challenge to myself this year is to not buy stamps, etc that will not see lots of love.

All of my stitching is a rub on as is the bottle and “heaven sent” in the corner.

After I made this card, Andrew and his girlfriend went to dinner with Andrew’s friend and wife and now they say she might not be pregnant, so I am holding off on sending the card. I am really glad I set this card aside for a day or two to think about before mailing.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful day filled with all that your heart desires!


Stamps: Studio G, PTI Boxes, Tags and Bags

CS and DP: SU Pink Pirouette, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, Gable Green

Inks, markers and coloring tools: Palette Noir Black, PTI Hibiscus

Extra goodies: rub ons, stickles
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

Simply precious!

Gina Lindsay said...

It looks just like a baby blanket, great quilt effect.

Becky said...

I thought this was real stitching, you fooled me :). This is just adorable. I do not own any baby stamps but one :).

Tammy Miller said...

This is adorable, how creative, love it!!

Elisabeth said...

Such a sweet card, love the "quilting"!

paige said...

Sweet card! And it's all ready to go when you do need it!

Unknown said...

Very sweet, love the colors and the stitching.

Kristin said...

the card is very cute :-)

Anonymous said...

I would have never guessed that stitching was a rub on. Very realistic.

Anonymous said...

wonderful stitching michelle....i ended up purposely buying a few baby stamps coz i was forever being asked to make baby cards.