Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Holiday Greetings


Here’s another card for my Ladies, Ink September challenge to make 3 Christmas trees.

This entire card is created in blues. My image panel is some cheap photo paper instead of glossy cs. I stamped my tree in Night of Navy then let it dry. I used bashful blue to cover my glossy cs. Since we all know how brayer challenged I am, I used my Tim Holtz applicator.

I layered with Night of Navy and Bordering Blue. Added my sentiment, embossed with gold ep and stamped a sentiment inside.

Isn’t this ribbon gorgeous? I got rolls and rolls of this last year after Christmas as JoAnns for $0.19 a roll. I love how one half of the ribbon is sheer and that thread of gold through it.


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!



Stamps: SU Lovely as a Tree, Sincere Salutations, Christmas Greetings.

CS and DP: Bordering Blue, Night of Navy, Glossy CS

Inks, markers and coloring tools: Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Versamark

Extra goodies: Gold EP, ribbon
Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

Heidi said...

Michelle- this is such a lovely card, this set is so classic.

Vicki said...

Stunning card, Michelle! Great colors! Blessings to you!

TrishG said...

I love the colors, especially the sentiment. Gorgeous ribbon. Very nice Christmas card.

MiamiKel said...

Michelle, this is positively stunning - it's so rich and vibrant and a wonderful holiday card!

Jackie said...

Very pretty Michelle..tfs!!

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card Michelle. I was making a Christmas card using all blue today too - spooky! :) Beautiful work.

Diane (djuseless) said...

Very pretty! I love the ribbon and gold embossing!

sarahw said...

Michelle, this is just beautiful! It just stands out. :)

Danderella said...

Very Elegant!

C.C. said...

Ohh, this is gorgeous, you are very talented!

Sew-Ink said...

Beautiful...love the dark colors!

Paige said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors you chose for this one!

Crafty Creations said...

Hey Michelle - Great holiday card! I love the blues and I agree - that ribbon is gorgeous! Makes it even better that you got it so cheap!!
Maria

McStamper said...

Simply beautiful!

my5bratz said...

LOVING this card :0x

craftypixie said...

Stunning!! love the colours,really makes it stand out
Wendy xx

Jennifer Talley said...

I love this. So pretty and simple. Great job!

Colleen said...

Love this card! Very pretty!

Kristin said...

this is so very pretty! you've almost completed the challenge and i've even gotten a chance to play and now that my son has the flu i probably won't get too! at least i'm getting to look at super pretty cards!!

Kirstin said...

Gorgeous!!

shellpole said...

The dark colours make this one look really elegant I think.

Louise Fairbairn said...

love, love, love the simplicity.
LOU