Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Birthday

Today is Shane’s birthday. He’s 12. I can’t believe he’s 12. The time has flown by!

Shane was my SURPRISE baby. And I have to tell you - he has changed my life in so many ways. My boys are my greatest accomplishments in my life. They truly are my everything and I am so blessed to have 2 such wonderful young men in my life.

There are 12 years between Shane and Andrew. Now, that doesn’t sound like much, but consider this – Shane started kindergarten the same year Andrew was a senior. And my 2 boys are so totally different – polar opposites. But I wouldn’t trade them for the world, most days! LOL.

Ok, enough about my boys – On to today’s card.


So, this card is for Shane’s birthday. My base is Sahara Sand. I used Basic Black, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla. I distressed my edges on all of my layers with my Heidi Swap Edge Distresser.



I LOVE this little tool. I got mine at Hobby Lobby for $0.99. When I bought it, I figured if I didn’t like it, I wouldn’t be out much. But I love it and own 2 - it really reminds me of a little Pac Man.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!



Stamps: SU Just Riding

CS and DP: SU Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla

Inks, markers and coloring tools: Tim Holtz Distress Inks in tea dye and antique linen, Palette Noir Black, VersaMark

Extra goodies: Clear EP, brads, twine, edge distresser, CAD
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Lynn said...

What could be more perfect for your wonderful bicycle card than these fabulous distressed edges?? Sensational work, Michelle!!

Stampin'GHmom said...

Great card! I love the string wrapped around the edge of the card. I have a tool from Making Memories similar to this one...forgot I had it. Thanks for the inspiration!

MiamiKel said...

Check this!! Michelle, you are rockin' the birthday cards with this little number -- it's PERFECT for a boy! Happy #12 Birthday to Shane!

Jennifer Talley said...

Very cute! What a great boy card.

Sew-Ink said...

Very cute, it's perfect for a 12 year old boy! Great job!

Gina said...

I love that little tool too and have a couple just in case I can't find the first one. Happy birthday to your son! I really love that color combo for masculine cards.

Crafty Creations said...

Happy Birthday to Shane! Love the card and that distressing tool is cool !!!
Maria

TannyP said...

Happy Birthday to Shane! I bet he loves his card =) Great job, Michelle!!

Vicki said...

Happy Birthday, Shane! What a great card! Love that image and the colors you used! Blessings to you!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Happy Birthday, Shane!
I love your card - always pop over here for inspiration when I need something for the "male" species :))))
...will have to get one of those little tools tfs
Linda

Cheryl Walker said...

Happy Birthday to Shane!!! Im sure he is going to love this card!!! Turned out Awesome:)

Hugs to you,
cheryl

Kirstin said...

Happy Birthday Shane!!! What a great card - he must have loved it!!

I have a Tim Holtz distresser that I love but can't seem to find... the small things seem to crawl away on their own to hide from me...

shellpole said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANE...yeah belated....but I haven't been around online much!

Love the carda nd adore the distressed edges...mine is a different distresser...I think there are many mnay of them out there now...but what a fabulous look they give!