Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Birthday

Today is Shane’s birthday. He’s 12. I can’t believe he’s 12. The time has flown by!

Shane was my SURPRISE baby. And I have to tell you - he has changed my life in so many ways. My boys are my greatest accomplishments in my life. They truly are my everything and I am so blessed to have 2 such wonderful young men in my life.

There are 12 years between Shane and Andrew. Now, that doesn’t sound like much, but consider this – Shane started kindergarten the same year Andrew was a senior. And my 2 boys are so totally different – polar opposites. But I wouldn’t trade them for the world, most days! LOL.

Ok, enough about my boys – On to today’s card.


So, this card is for Shane’s birthday. My base is Sahara Sand. I used Basic Black, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla. I distressed my edges on all of my layers with my Heidi Swap Edge Distresser.



I LOVE this little tool. I got mine at Hobby Lobby for $0.99. When I bought it, I figured if I didn’t like it, I wouldn’t be out much. But I love it and own 2 - it really reminds me of a little Pac Man.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!



Stamps: SU Just Riding

CS and DP: SU Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla

Inks, markers and coloring tools: Tim Holtz Distress Inks in tea dye and antique linen, Palette Noir Black, VersaMark

Extra goodies: Clear EP, brads, twine, edge distresser, CAD
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

What could be more perfect for your wonderful bicycle card than these fabulous distressed edges?? Sensational work, Michelle!!

Dori Shelton said...

Great card! I love the string wrapped around the edge of the card. I have a tool from Making Memories similar to this one...forgot I had it. Thanks for the inspiration!

MiamiKel said...

Check this!! Michelle, you are rockin' the birthday cards with this little number -- it's PERFECT for a boy! Happy #12 Birthday to Shane!

Jennifer Talley said...

Very cute! What a great boy card.

Unknown said...

Very cute, it's perfect for a 12 year old boy! Great job!

Gina Lindsay said...

I love that little tool too and have a couple just in case I can't find the first one. Happy birthday to your son! I really love that color combo for masculine cards.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Happy Birthday to Shane! Love the card and that distressing tool is cool !!!
Maria

TannyP said...

Happy Birthday to Shane! I bet he loves his card =) Great job, Michelle!!

Vicki said...

Happy Birthday, Shane! What a great card! Love that image and the colors you used! Blessings to you!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Happy Birthday, Shane!
I love your card - always pop over here for inspiration when I need something for the "male" species :))))
...will have to get one of those little tools tfs
Linda

Cheryl Walker said...

Happy Birthday to Shane!!! Im sure he is going to love this card!!! Turned out Awesome:)

Hugs to you,
cheryl

Kirstin said...

Happy Birthday Shane!!! What a great card - he must have loved it!!

I have a Tim Holtz distresser that I love but can't seem to find... the small things seem to crawl away on their own to hide from me...

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANE...yeah belated....but I haven't been around online much!

Love the carda nd adore the distressed edges...mine is a different distresser...I think there are many mnay of them out there now...but what a fabulous look they give!