Monday, August 3, 2009

I like it BUT

So, what’s up with THAT title? We have a joke around my house. Whenever someone says something, then says BUT then continues, ignore everything before the word but, because it doesn’t mean as much as what follows the word ‘but’.

So when I got a note that said “I like the card BUT not all the green. Maybe oranges and yellows or something” I needed to rethink my card. The note came from Andrew – the source of much inspiration, solid criticism and my biggest cheerleader! He has a good eye, knows what he likes and see things from a different point of view.

So, I decided to take his words to heart and try this card again.

And here’s the card his way
.

And here’s the two of them side by side.


So, you tell me – which one do you like better?
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!



Stamps: SU Touch of Nature
CS and DP: SU Handsome Hunter and Sage Shadow and More Mustard and So Saffron
Inks, markers and coloring tools: Sage Shadow and More Mustard
Extra goodies:
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

Vicki said...

Michelle, my favorite is the green.(sorry Andrew). The simplicity is very soothing. Great job on both! Blessings to you!

TannyP said...

They're both beautiful cards. My preference is the green, but that's my fave color, so it'd be hard for me to choose the other beauty =)

Becky said...

There both beauties, I like them both.

Covered In Crafts said...

I know exactly how you feel! I get that too. My daughter thinks every singe thing needs to have pink so I've gotten used to it. lol

I'm not a huge fan of green but I still think both are pretty. :)

Jennifer Talley said...

They are both great, but I like the second one better. Just has a more vintage look to me, which I like. :)

Jenn said...

They are both are very beautiful cards! I don't know if I could pick a fav ... I love green, and I like the vintage feel of the other... Wonderful job on both!

Gina Lindsay said...

They are both very nice, I am not always a green person so if I had to pick, I would pick the second, but the green one is nice too. I have that stamp set too and it hasn't seen ink in a while.

We have a similar thing in our house. when someone asked your opinion and if you hear "weellll" then you probably won't like the response!

Darlene said...

Oh my, you're really putting us on the spot here ... LOL!!!
I'm bailing out and picking BOTH!!

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday!! I like YOURS better :-)

paige said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! I like them both, but (LOL) it's funny how a change in color scheme can affect the same design and images so drastically. Now you have two great cards!

Mary G. said...

They're both beautiful, but I have to lean more toward the second one just because I like the color better. Great job on both, though!!

Lynn McAuley said...

They both look fabulous, but I am a "green" person!!! Sorry, Andrew!

Holly Jones said...

They are great cards! I love the yellow one best.

Cathleen said...

Well, they are both beautiful, but I love the green one!

JazzyH said...

I like them. I like monochromatic cards. Great job!

Unknown said...

both are beautiful! ;)

Cassie_lu said...

they are both great, but the warmth come through in the orange one as it is a 'warm' color.

specialcraftmom4 said...

I really like both cards! I am a big fan of green (:

Anonymous said...

Me...I like the mustardy one better as it is more subdues and catches my eye more quickly than the green. (Not to say green is not pretty either, though!)

Kirstin said...

oh man, it is hard to choose a favorite because they are both so lovely!

Amanda said...

I like the Mustard one better but they are both very pretty!