Friday, June 5, 2009

Much Too Young


One of the girls I work with just turned 32 and was saying how she feels “older”.
Older than what?
I just had to laugh. I haven’t seen 32 in, oh, let’s just say more than a few years and leave it at that.
I really thought that was a funny statement. It made me think of that Garth Brooks song Much Too Young (to Feel this Damn Old)

I just had to make her this card with SU’s Golden Oldies – the inside sentiment says “We’re too young to be this old”.


This card is for no color challenges, no sketch challenges, no combos – just little ole me and the scraps on my desk.
Wait . . . . isn’t that a challenge somewhere - a challenge to just use scraps?
I hope you have a wonderful Friday and a fantastic weekend.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!



Stamps: SU Golden Oldies, Itty Bitty Backgrounds

CS and DP: SU So Saffron, Bashful Blue and retired DP

Inks, markers and coloring tools: SU markers and Copic C1

Extra goodies: SU So saffron ribbon and Glassy Glaze on the glasses
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

~*Joni said...

Hi Michelle! Isn't it funny how we perceive age? And yet I am loving every new birthday as I celebrate more that I have learned. Ahhh, to be 32 again. No thank you. Haha! This card is so funny, I love ones with a sense of humor! I applaud your use of scraps and that yellow bow is just the cutest and happiest embellisment. Have a great Friday!

Jacquel said...

Hi Michelle!
Love your card and that image is just the cutest....I know someone I could *gag* it too LOL!!

Doesn't it feel great to just make a card? I've done that every once in awhile & it feels really good to know that you can still *just* make one without any kind of inspiration!!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love your card and your 'story' gave me a chuckle! Your card is adorable and I think your design rocks!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fun birthday card!! Hope your "old" friend gets a smile out of it!!

I sure did!!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Hi Michelle! Cute Cute Card! I love these types of sayings! I think they just bring a smile to everyone's face! Love her glasses too!

Melody said...

Fun card! Great sentiment! Makes you smile!

Mary G. said...

Oh, good grief...my DS is turning 30 this year and he's always talking about how "old" he is...well, I'm FAR from 30 and boy, do I feel it! This is an adorable card!!! I'm sure she'll get a chuckle out of it. Great job!