Tuesday, March 17, 2009

One for the basket - lots more to go

This is one of the cards I’m putting in the basket I am donating to the Boy Scouts raffle.

I still don’t know how I got sucked into this. KIDS! Did I mention that they wanted all of the items that were going in baskets by last night, unless you were donating an entire basket.

I cased myself on this one. I made the original version of this as a square card and loved it. But because I’m a little on the OCD side, I wanted all of the cards in the basket to be the same size, so I modified myself, added some extra DP and some Prima flower.

I did color this with my new copics. I am loving these markers. They are so great to work with. But, because I am just a poor working mom with a kid who believes he should have clothes that fit and food EVERYDAY, I can’t afford all of the Copics I want, so for now, I supplement my Copic colors with my Bic Markers. So far, so good, but I know I NEED all of the Copics, even if I have to buy them 3 at a time.

Have a wonderful day and a great St. Patrick’s Day!


Happy Stampin'!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Heidi said...

LOL Michelle, kids- you are right. Or on Friday after school they say, "hey, track starts on monday so I need my physical." Uh, do they know how long that takes to schedule?
Your card is awesome and someone will be very happy to recieve this basket I am sure.

Anonymous said...

I really love how you lined up the pearls on this card. Lovely!

Cindy said...

Very cute card!! We do anything for our kids, it seems!! Just remember, they might be picking our Nursing Home!!! ha ha

Barb said...

Cute card Michelle! I wish you the best of luck purchasing your Copics.

Jenn Embry said...

What a cute card. Isn't is just lovely when kids want something at the last minute?!?! Mine tend to do that. I can't wait to order Copics, but alas that whole budget thing gets in the way! LOL

linda said...

Very cute! I love hedgehogs!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is very cute. I like the color combo.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the flowers on the right side of that card. It just pops! LOVE it :)

Jessica Lynn

Jane said...

Cute! I hear you on both the kids and the copics! I just picked up a few this weekend at a stamping expo. Otherwise the only way for me to buy them is online...and then you have to pay shipping too.

Jane