Saturday, January 31, 2009

Yummy cake


What a day it has been. I woke up with a pounding headache, which won’t go away, had to cut all the cardstock for the Girl Scout event, but first I had to redesign the card. 50 card bases cut, scored and folded, plus the extra cs to with. OY! Then I had to cut the cs for the scrapbook layout for the girls. They are scrapping a Halloween picture and I had designed the pages a while ago using pumpkin pie, old olive, black and chocolate chip cs. Well, for some silly reason, when I put in my order for the supplies I needed, I forgot to order more pumpkin pie and old olive cs. I know that even if I order right now, I will never get the cs in time for the event. So, I had to sub those colors and cut all that cs. Then I could play, in between loads of laundry.

So, I decided to play with the SCS Limited Supply Challenge from yesterday for a clean and simple card. When I first started stamping, my demo at the time was into clean and simple. As I developed more skills and accumulated more toys, I got away from clean and simple. It was tough not to add all the layers and use all the toys on this card, but I really like the look of this card. I used SU Riding Hood Red and Whisper White and SU's Viola.

Happy Stampin'!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

It is hard to craft - even if you love it - when you have a headache. I hope it's better.

I like your chef card. Keeping this clean and simple really puts the focus on that image. I too have a hard time not using tons of layers. The CAS challenge was the toughest one for me to accomplish this week.

UKMUMINUSA said...

Sounds like you have had a hard day, hope your head has recovered! Your card is fab and clean and simple really does work on this.

specialcraftmom4 said...

You did a wonderful job with this challenge!!!

Anonymous said...

perfect set and layout for CAS-what a happy Valentine's Day chef!