Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thank you card and gift card holder





The uncle of a friend of mine came up to Ohio from Texas. Of course since he has been here it was been absolutely frigid with below 0 weather, snow and in general horrible weather.

But, this man is a dear, sweet man and he braved the cold to come to my house to check out my furnace. About a year ago, I bought and new furnace right before Christmas. 4 days and far too much money later, I had a new furnace but I have found out that the guy who installed it really messed it up. In a year I have had 2 service calls on the unit, found out that he never sealed the PVC and that could cause carbon monoxide to leak into the house, and over the summer had a swimming pool in my basement for the leaking. I found out that the furnace wasn’t vented.

Needless to say, I wanted someone I trust to check out my investment. So, Uncle to the rescue. The dear man did not charge me a dime and checked the furnace and fixed the vent on it as well. So I picked up a gift card holder at Michael’s that was on clearance for 3 for $1.00 and made a matching card to thank him. And since I was feeling adventurous I tried my hand at the blossom bow as well.

Happy Stampin'!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh no I had no idea you were going through all of this too. Your uncle was so sweet to come all that way to help you. Just shows how special you are to so many.

I'm glad it's all fixed now, one thing you no longer have to worry about, that could have been so dangerous. Big Hugs and Kisses. Love Barb