Friday, December 19, 2008

Basic Breezy Kisses, Splitcoast style






I needed a break from Christmas cards and found a color challenge on Splitcoast stampers for baja breeze, kiwi kiss, basic gray and not quite navy found here. . . sounded challenging. Then I remember the sketches challenge on Splitcoast that I wanted to try found here.

So I stamped this adorable bunny on watercolor paper and colored him with my inks and paintbrush. I tried the aqua painter a while ago and either I am aqua painter challenged or mine was defective. Either way, I prefer to use a paint bursh. I stamped my Not Quite Navy with SU's Canvas background in Basic Gray, stamped my baja breeze with baja breeze ink using a Whisper's fern stamp that I found in the dollar bin at one of my local craft stores.

I used my Nesties Labels One, which I absolutley love. I just got it, and absolutley have no clue how I have lived without this die.

I used my SU Word Window punch for my sentiment, but my sentiment is longer than the window. Gina K of Gina K Designs has this neat tutorial on her blog on how to extend your word window here and I just had to try it. She is so talented!

Pearls and ribbon for a finishing touch and it was done.

Happy Stampin'!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! It reminds me of spring and I'm so ready for that already! Thanks for the mention. You have a great blog!