Friday, October 17, 2008

Cub Scouts


Somehow I volunteered to make these scrapbook albums for my son's Cub Scout Den.

I'm not real sure how I volunteered, but I did. I had to make 10 of these. I used SU! Under the Stars and Happy Camper for these covers.

I stamped the fire, hot dog and sleeping bag and colored those with my prisma markers.

Then I sat down on a Sunday afternoon with the Lifetime channel, watched two movies and sponged my grass and sky using a combination of ColorBox and SU inks. There are 5 different shades of green in the grass, 2 shades of brown, and one rusty orange. The sky has 4 different shades of blue sponged on it.

After that, I sponged the entire outer edges with SU Basic Black. Then I added my smoke wisps by stamping off twice first. I added highlights to the smoke with my white gel pen.

I used my Corner Rounder punch on the corners of my image and on the corners of my SU Summer Sun. I mounted all of this on a blue cs that I had. The Den Leader really wanted blue and gold since those are their colors. All of this was mounted on medium weight chipboard.

I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch through the front and back cover and the 10 sheets of cs that are inside the album. My eyelet were added to the front and back covers. I used leather cording from Pat Catan's to bind the album, added pony beads and ta da!

The boys will use this album to record their memories and pictures of their outings for this year of Scouting.

My youngest gave this a thumbs up, so it must not be too “girly”!

Sponging all of the colors on 10 images took forever, but, hey, the movies were good, so I didn't mind too much.

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you have a wonderful inky day!

Happy stampin'!

No comments: