Wednesday, August 20, 2008

On the Fly


Well, it's almost time for the kids to head back to school. Just a reminder to keep an eye out for the kids early in the morning and after school. Lots of our little ones walk to and from school, so be extra careful and slow down! The few minutes you will make up rushing in traffic are not worth the accident that can so easily happen with a child darting between cars or trying to cross the road.
It's been a busy summer . . .and it flew by a little too fast for me.
This year I will be home in the morning before my son goes to school so that mean breakfast. In the past he has been in a before school program or has gone to grandmas. This year, I am fortunate enough to be able to change my hours at work and be home.

Breakfast? What to do? I don't eat breakfast, unless coffee counts. Cook, in the morning? Oh, not a good idea. But I am a firm believer that kids have to have breakfast to start their day. So, the past couple of weeks I have been slowly stocking up the freezer with homemade french toast, homemade pancakes and this weekend it'll be homemade waffles and more french toast.
I know I won't want to cook in the mornings but it's easy to pop the stuff in the toaster. Now, we had to test the theory and see if the homemade stuff, frozen and toasted would taste as good as Grandma use to make. Well, it does. It has passed the test, so now I have to cook more. It's pretty easy to make up a loaf or two of french toast all at once, and not nearly as messy. So, while I've been busy cooking, I haven't been as busy stamping, but I did find some time to make this card.
Now, I wasn't sure I would use the SU! On the Fly set, but my DIL bought the set and stamped some images for me. (Is it any wonder she's my favorite DIL?)
I colored this one night with my colored pencils and mineral spirits and then wasn't sure how I wanted to mount it. I was in Hobby Lobby and saw a Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser that was just too cute and I just had to try it out. In the past I have just used my scissors to distress my edges. I figured, for 0.99 if I didn't like it, no big deal. I love this little tool!
So, while I was on hold with the phone company over yet ANOTHER screwed up phone bill, I took my frustration out on the paper and then put this card together.
Have a great day and
Happy Stampin'!




No comments: