Monday, July 28, 2008

Chalks













When I first started stamping, there was sooo much and it was so overwhelming.

There were different inks, reinkers, markers, different card stocks, designer papers, chalks, watercolor crayons, punches, cutters, aqua painters, watercolor pencils, colored pencils, specialty markers, and so many other things.

On top of that, there were so many techniques that all seemed so foreign and strange. It was all so overwhelming. There was so much to see, so much to learn, so much stuff! I didn’t even know where to start.

I dabbled in this and that and picked and chose what I was comfortable it.

I decided pretty quickly that I didn’t like chalks. Not real sure why, but I didn’t like them, and seldom used them.

Now and again I would play with the chalks since I owned them and hated seeing them sit there unused. I debated on getting rid of them, but could never bring myself to part with them, just in case one day . . . .

Now, for some reason, I have been playing with my chalks a lot and really enjoying them.

I’ve eyed and drooled over SU!’s Wildlife Reserve and Noble Deer for a while now, and finally broke down and bought Wildlife Reserve. I played with the chalks and this set and this is the end result. I love the look and for the life of me I can’t figure out why I didn’t like the chalks the first time around.


1 comment:

Melzie said...

Great card!! Just here byway of SCS, and I LOVED what you said in the no catty thread, LOL!! You go girl!! People can be SO ridiculous.